Monday, May 10, 2010

Briton jailed for kiss in Dubai condemns Emirate's 'hypocrisy'

Charlotte Adams, 26, who was deported on Friday after spending 23-days behind bars for "indecency", spoke of her horror when a local woman claimed she had publicly kissed and touched Ayman Najafi, a British friend, in a restaurant last November.

Miss Adams, from Mersea Island, Essex, who regularly visited Dubai on business, admitted "flirting" with Mr Najafi but said she had done nothing more than give him "a peck on the cheek".

In her first interview since her release, she said: "It is such a relief. I've thought of nothing else for the last few months.

"I love (Dubai) and it makes me sad that I'll never come back, although I think I'd struggle to ever feel free here again.

"The laws need to evolve to match the culture here. At the moment, it's all just hypocrisy."

No comments:

Post a Comment